Monday, March 2, 2015

Valerie's stuffed mushrooms

This is my stuffed mushroom recipe - and a perfect example of how mistakes make you a better cook.

Also included is my favorite roasted broccoli recipe

For the mushrooms

2 portobello mushroom caps
1/4 of a med onion, diced small
4 cloves of roasted garlic, diced small
4 tbsp mascarpone cheese (can substitute cream cheese)
a good hunk of blue cheese, chopped small

Broccoli recipe

1 head broccoli
4 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil
shredded Parmesan cheese

Toss olive oil, lemon juice and broccoli together. Bake with mushrooms

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Brush the mushroom caps off and cut the stem out


Cook the onions and the garlic in some butter until desired browness is achieved -  squish and mince together with a knife


Put in a small bowl with some bourbon smoked cracked pepper


Roughly chop the blue cheese


Add mascarpone and blue cheese to the onion garlic mixture - mix thoroughly



Now, here is where I messed up - I added the cheese mixture to the mushrooms before I baked them but I think that I need to bake the mushrooms for a while first then add the cheese mixture and bake until it bubbles...

But I added it to the cold mushrooms


And baked at 350 degrees (with the broccoli)


And then they leaked all over the pan


But that's okay... I just scooped up the yummy cheese and put it back in the mushroom caps then added some Parmesan cheese to the top

Add some to the top of the broccoli

and serve!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment