Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Whipped Cauliflower Gratin

I really don't like cauliflower. I mean really really don't like cauliflower. But since I've cut potatoes out of my diet I have been trying to make cauliflower dishes and out of the ones I have tried I think this one is palatable... Which means it's pretty darn good - Even my husband ate it and he refuses cauliflower.

Original recipe

1 head cauliflower
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 egg
1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp kosher salt + a pinch
freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 tbsp melted butter
3 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)





Instructions
    1.    Preheat your oven to 400°F
    2.    Cut the cauliflower into large florets, discarding the tough stem, and steam over boiling water until very tender.



    3.    While the cauliflower is steaming, place the Greek yogurt, egg, sharp cheddar cheese, onion, salt, paprika, and pepper into a blender or food processor, and process until thoroughly combined.



    4.    Once the cauliflower is tender, add it to the contents of the blender or food processor, and puree until smooth.
    5.    Mix melted butter, bread crumbs and the pinch of salt together.
    6.    Pour into an 8x8 baking dish, spread bread crumbs over the top.


    7.    Baked for 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through and browned on top.
    8.    Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top, cook for an additional 5 minutes



I paired this with rainbow quinoa and Italian chicken sausages with red sauce, which went very well together!

No comments:

Post a Comment