Thursday, March 22, 2018

Feeding your yeast as a reason to get out of bed - adventures in sourdough

It's all sourdough starter all the time in my house right now. I'm experimenting which means I have six, yes six, starters bubbling away on my table right now.
I would post a picture but, well, I'm lazy and don't have one - yet. I will soon. Here is one of the first two though:


I've learned a lot on this starter adventure so far and I will post more later. Right now, I'm doing a little self therapy.

Sometimes I need reasons to get out of bed. Suddenly I have 6 glass jars of yeast that need to be fed twice a day. It got me out of bed this morning, the call of the little yeasties, wanting to be fed. Then I made a levian, then some bread. It felt good to make something, to get my hands deep in the warm, wet dough. Feeling its aliveness.

Warm sourdough bread is so comforting.








No comments:

Post a Comment